Click on the image below. It leads to my website: carolyn-elizabeth.com

Monday, November 3, 2014

PISTEUO! A GIFT FOR YOU...YES, FOR BEAUTIFUL YOU

I am filled with thankfulness for you. Just FILLED!

PISTEUO! It’s a gift from Scripture given 243 times from God’s heart to yours and mine. It's a three-in-one word, meaning “to believe, to trust, to hope.” 
 
It's pronounced “pist-yoo-o."
 
It's become my life word. I want to live the gift.
 
I've scribbled out  two books about how I am learning to live this gift. It's changing me, because aren't we changed when we live the gifts that God gives us?
 
 
If I could, I'd invite "Come on over, friend;" and I'd open my back door because that enters into the heart of my home. The living room.

And you'd curl all comfortable into the couch cushions and wriggle your toes there because in my home both couches and the easy chair have blankets tossed over their arms and we put our feet on the furniture.

I'd serve you something warm and sweet and fragrant in a mug with a large handle, and a glass of refreshing water. And this would be your time. Your turn.

You have given so much to me. You have read my ramblings. You have e-mailed the sweetest words to me. You have clicked the "like" button!

And I am overwhelmed with your generosity.

You have been on my mind for the past couple weeks. I haven't posted a blog because I've been thinking of gifts I can give to you...yes, to beautiful you.

In the cooler months, there would be warm scented candles, colorful rugs, and pillows and a fire in the fireplace.

The space would be lived-in comfortable with books and mugs and my well worn colorful cloth napkins crowding the top of the coffee table.

There would be a pile of informal shoes by the back door, and your coats and purses would rest on the chair there.

There would be flour and measuring cups on the kitchen counter and, today, there is a
Cranberry-Apple Crisp I've pulled fresh from the oven.

I made it with the wild Alaska cranberries my mother picked this autumn and mailed to me.

Today, this is my gift to you.


Cranberry-Apple Crisp
 
Take some unrushed time today.
 
Trust God with your schedule, and if you hear Him say, "Go ahead, make a Cranberry-Apple Crisp;" then do it.
 
I'm certain that God loves the fragrance of cranberries and apples in the autumn, and brown sugar mixed with oats and toasted pecans.
 
 
Live the gift today.
Live it full.
Live it slow.
 
Cranberry-Apple Crisp Recipe
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes at 350
6-8 servings
 
Ingredients:
3 c. thinly sliced, tart apples
2 c. fresh or frozen (or wild) cranberries
1 c. sugar
3 TBS flour
 
Topping:
1-1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. chopped pecans
 
Directions:
Combine the apples, cranberries, sugand and flour. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until fruit is tender.
 
 
 
PISTEUO! Blessings!
 
Carolyn-Elizabeth
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment