Click on the image below. It leads to my website: carolyn-elizabeth.com

Sunday, December 28, 2014

When Mr. "Let's Not Get Carried Away," Does.

PISTEUO! Connecting with God's Heart-The Devotional
Supplement to Chapter 2-

"And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you" (Exodus 23:28).
I will never look at hornets the same way again.
Someone famous once said, "The more I have to do in a day, the longer I stay on my knees in prayer." That's because God is in charge of time. I give Him my list of things to do, and He scratches off most of them, because most of them don't need to be done today. Then He tells me, "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" (Matthew 6:34 NLT).

The troubles for today? They're hornet chow.

For Today-

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5: 7).

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony" (Hebrews 11:1-2).

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

I stir these verses together as this big man I'm married to stirred paint in a paint can with the complementary paint stick boasting Sherwin-Williams on the handle. I paint my heart with God's word and give the words time to soak in and to swallow my heart whole. And I give myself time, too.

I can't see God. I'm not present with Him, yet. But I make it my aim to be pleasing to Him. I want to be painted in His light; want to absorb whatever color He sees fit to brush the day with. A fresh coat for a new day.

I must walk by faith if I am to know any of this, because I can't see God Himself. He is my hope. He is all things to me. I can't see Him, but that's okay for now because He doesn't leave me without direction. He gives substance and evidence, gives faith, to walk by.

Today faith is substance all yellow paint, and evidence as hard as the bathroom walls. I woke to it. And woke to thank the God I can't see, because faith this color is most meaningful to me. It's yellow. Really bright yellow. Painted so by Mr. Let's-Not-Get-Carried-Away whenever his "May we paint our bathroom bright pink?" daughters hold paint strips out all hopeful. Yeah. This is the same man I caught standing on the bathroom counter top, yellow roller in hand and, oh, speckled! Just specked all yellow!

"He's healing on the inside, Lord!" I thank Him, because there is something bright yellow happening inside his soul and it's dripping out onto the walls. Yellow soaks paint rollers, paint brushes, paint tray holds yellow pools of paint, and my man speckled in yellow is all the evidence I need to believe that God is doing what He said He'd do. If tears of joy have a color, it would be bright yellow.

"Today I give bright yellow. Walk in it." I hear Him tell me how to walk in faith today, before I place my feet on the floor.


Yellow Paint
Collect faith with me, right where you are today? Faith is as real as a paint can. Dip your brush deep, past the surface of what you can see, and pull it up just dripping with hope? This is where we connect with God's heart. I'll go first.


-This man standing on the bathroom counter top, surrounded by brightest yellow and speckled in it, is healing.

-Faith is the substance of things hope for, and I've been hoping for healing.   

-The color of faith, to me, is brightest yellow.

-I'm leaving yellow footprints everywhere I walk today!


written by:Carolyn-Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment