Click on the image below. It leads to my website: carolyn-elizabeth.com

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Connecting with God's Heart-A Backyard Devotion

The words and works of God are inseparable.
He speaks things into being.

What He speaks, is.
This is the power of praying His word! It's the power of praying what's in His heart! These are the prayers that always get answered.
He promises us that His burden is light. The more I connect with His heart, the more I know this is true.
He tells us not to be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of our minds. When I fill my mind with His thoughts, He unpacks my heart.
He unpacks the things that make my heart heavy. It doesn't mean the weighty things go away. They are still there. Some of them will be there for the rest of my life. Some of them will be resolved. Some of them will grow heavier. But that's okay. It really is okay! As long as they are placed where they are supposed to be, and that's not on me.
"Cast your cares on Me;" says The Lord, "for I care for you."
What if I cared for Him as He cares for me? My heart would be light, that's what! The heavy burdens that take up space in my life, wouldn't! They'd be taken up by Him!
Let's fill our thoughts with God's thoughts.
Let's connect with what is in God's heart, and disconnect with what isn't in His heart.
Let's fill our hearts and minds with His desires and thoughts.
May our prayers be occupied with everything He says about His way for life. The things that would have their way in our lives will be put in their place.
As I give placement to God in my thoughts and desires, I stop thinking so much about burdens, and about the desires that I have for them to be gone, and about the plans I would make to see that happen.
As I give placement to God in my thoughts and desires, I'm free to pray what is in His mind and on His heart. Pray like that and you can't help but to pray with Thanksgiving!
This is what I call having peace that transcends understanding!


Written by: Carolyn-Elizabeth Roehrig

No comments:

Post a Comment