Click on the image below. It leads to my website: carolyn-elizabeth.com

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Just Doing a Little Lent



Just Doing a Little Lent

 

The Lord is my dwelling place; I'm just visiting this world. 





He is my home; I'm just passing through this wasteland. 





He clothes me in His righteousness; I'm just borrowing this skin. 





He upholds me; I'm just lent this skeleton. 





He is my strength; I'm just doing some temporary lifting.





He is my redemption; I'm just redeeming time these days.





He is my eternal life; I'm just living one day at a time. 





He is my holiness. 





"May I be holy, as You are holy." 




All I Need to Hold

Well, I hold some things in a grip;
Turns out, they hold me! I admit.

So, I extend my tightened fist,
Willing, nervous, I take the risk;

He reaches for my hands with His,
Kisses each finger with holy lips;

He searches my eyes, and I close my own,
"May I," He pleads, "unfold your palms?"

I meet His eyes and nod consent,
He loosens my fingers stiff and bent.

I look to see what I held there,
"Lord!" I say, "My palms are bare!"

"All you need to hold is this;"
He smiles and places my hand onto His.



written by: Carolyn-Elizabeth Roehrig

No comments:

Post a Comment