Click on the image below. It leads to my website: carolyn-elizabeth.com

Saturday, February 21, 2015

My Lent Journey



I made this crown of thorns and placed the passage from Luke 4 in the center for Lent. "Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit...was led by the Spirit into the wilderness (Lk. 4:1).
He was tempted forty days by the devil. He was beautiful in the Father's eyes, but a scrubby desert shrub in man's. "And when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him" (Isaiah 53:3).
The sun would've crossed the desert sky daily, and burned heavy on His back; as would the sin's of this world and the sin's of the likes of me,wilderness wanderer and foreigner in this world.
The weight of sin would burn heavy on His flogged back till a foreigner would carry the cross for Him. I wonder, did he, Simon of Cyrene, feel the weight of his own sin by the time he bore the cross to Calvary? I pick up my cross today.

Lent Crown
Jesus would've felt pelting sand stab like thorns on a cactus. Or on a crown? I repent today. I live it. I feel it.
I press a forth candle into the crown.
A crown of thorns was pressed on His head; the saving Light of the world bled.
Light bleeds into the darkness and weeps like wax.
"The Light of the world has overcome. The Light of the world has taken away the sins of the world. Amen."
I'm meditating on Luke 4 and Isaiah 53 jointly. I'm adding a candle a day and the crown of thorns will be a crown of light all glory burn on Resurrection Sunday! It's a powerful spiritual journey. Join me on twitter? I'm tweeting daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment